Sunday, February 20, 2011

review: shellac nails in tropix

i'm a big fan of nail polish but with my busy lifestyle i end up ruining a perfect manicure the next day. that's why i was really excited to try CND's shellac nail polish. i've read good reviews about it online and so i decided to try it out right for my vacation in the caribbean (since i would't have any time or patience to fix any chipped nail polish while on vacation). unfortunately i was really rushed before my vacation and didn't have time to take a picture right after it was done. 

but here are the results 9 days after getting my shellac manicure:


Shellac Manicure in Tropix after 9 Days

as you can see, the colour is still in great condition. i noticed some small chips at the edges but they are hardly noticeable. i love the mirror finish, how my nails feel very strong and healthy and how it was quick to dry.

my experience at the spa was great as well. i originally wanted a french manicure since i knew that it was going to bug me that my nails are now noticeably growing out, but the lady who did my nails told me that she was uncomfortable doing a french with shellac. i was a little sad that i couldn't get a french but i was glad that she told me she was uncomfortable doing it, instead of screwing it up and getting me upset and wasting time.

all in all, i'm very pleased with my manicure and recommended it to a friend of mine who will be getting hers done soon too. the only thing bugging me now is that i have to go back to the spa to get the shellac colour removed. i'll post comments on this process soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment