Monday, April 04, 2011

recent purchase: louis vuitton totally MM in monogram + what's in my bag

after much thought and 2 hours at the louis vuitton boutique, i purchased my latest louis vuitton purse: totally MM in monogram. since this is more than the average priced purse, i was very VERY specific about what i was looking for in a bag. i needed a classic bag with a zipper on top that can be comfortably carried on the shoulder and must have enough space to carry an A4 folder.

louis vuitton totally mm in monogram

i tried on several bags at the boutique including the damier ebene verona mm, totally mm in damier azur and palermo pm, but found that the monogram totally mm was more practical. 


my opinion of totally mm vs. verona mm, palermo pm and totally mm in azur:

damier ebene verona mm: as much as i love this bag, it was very uncomfortable to carry on my shoulder. the straps were too stiff and kept falling off my shoulder. the sale associate told me it's because the straps aren't made of natural leather and so they're more slippery and prone to sliding off the shoulder. also, the base of the bag was much too large for my arm to rest comfortably at the side. 

palermo pm: this is also a very lovely bag. i love how there's a cross body strap which would be very useful for vacations and a great hands-free bag. however, i found the arm handles to be 2-3 inches too short and looked a little awkward on my shoulder. also, i found the bag looked too small for my frame (i'm 5'6" and 125 lbs). 

totally mm in azur: i have to admit that i initially wanted to get the totally mm bag in azur when comparing it to the monogram. the print was so fresh and vibrant and it made the bag 'jump' at me in the mirror. my good friend who was with me also said to me that once you try on an azur bag, you pretty much instantly fall in love with me, BUT she ended up returning her azur bags every time, because they're too high maintenance. and she was right, the sale associate also told me that the azur print is very prone to colour transfer from jeans and other dark materials and are nearly impossible to remove any stains. since i'm a very clumsy person, i decided on the totally in the monogram print.


top view of totally mm
there are three pockets and a d-ring inside the bag. i put my wallet, keys and small pencil case in the large pocket and i put my phone, lipglosses and business cards in the other two pockets. i initially attached my damier pochette to the d-ring, but i found it too annoying to move around in my bag.



what's in my bag today and why?
  • keys 
  • burberry wallet
  • lv damier pochette to hold makeup, morrocan oil, eyedrops, tweezers, advil, etc.
  • lv business card holder - i use this to carry my bus pass as well
  • bobbi brown blotting papers - need these throughout the day unfortunately
  • herbacin hand cream (darn eczema!)
  • bath and body works vanilla sugar hand sanitizer - from my amazing friend N
  • excel mints
  • tissues
  • LEED study guide - attempting to study and failing...
  • pencil case
  • lip glosses: shu uemera depsea lip balm, nars lip glosses in pillow talk and babe 

what's inside my bag




No comments:

Post a Comment